High School Summer Hours
Effective June 15 through August 6, the High School Office will be open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The office is closed on Fridays.
The Pennsylvania Health Act requires
a medical examination for children on original entry (kindergarten or first
grade), in sixth grade and in eleventh
grade. These examinations are
recommended at these times because of critical periods in the growth and development
of your child.
Physicals that are done at your
private physician during the tenth grade year or the summer prior to the 11th grade year will be accepted. This physical could include a driver’s
license physical , work physical, or sports physicals. Attached is the form that should be completed by your private physician. Students entering 11th Grade will be given the opportunity to have this examination done by the School Physician during the 11th grade school year,
****School records can be held on all seniors who have not
met this requirement prior to graduation.****
Questions should be directed to the School Nurse, Carol Madden, at 717-776-2450 or email email@example.com .
2015 Dawg Day Information.pdf
Attention Class of 2019!
Dawg Day for all incoming freshmen (members of the Class
of 2019) will be Tuesday, August 18th from 1:00 to 6:30 p.m. at the high school
commons (the big glassy area behind the flag pole in the bus parking
lot). Parents are asked to join us from 6;30 to 7:30 p.m. to receive an
orientation on critical High School topics.
Dawg Day has been designed to make your
transition from the Middle School to the High School a smooth one.
Activities for the Day:
- Receive a copy of your class schedule… EARLY!
- Tours of the building and grounds!
- Access to/practice with your future locker!
- Meet with high school teachers and learn
about the classes you’ll be taking!
- Learn about clubs and after-school
activities available at the high school!
- Games and contests in the high school gym
- Dinner served up in the cafeteria lunch
- A freshman-only pep rally in the gym!
- Freshman laptops may be distributed after
Transportation: If you can't
arrange for someone to drive you to Dawg Day, a bus can come and pick you up
and a bus stop will be arranged near you. Transportation home will not be
provided, so when your parent/guardian arrives to join you in the evening you
may return with him/her.
Cost: In order to receive a
catered meal and your own DAWG DAY T-shirt, we are asking that all students
submit $5.00 with the permission form by Friday, June 5th.
Please contact the High School Office (776-2434) if the $5.00 fee poses
difficulty. We will accept registrations through the summer; however, registrations receive after June 5th will not be guaranteed a T-shirt.
The information and registration form is
Physical Education Attire, 2015-16
Physical Education Attire Instructions.pdf
All high school students will be expected to wear Big Spring Physical Education attire, beginning in 2014-15. The attire is a maroon and gold shorts and shirt combination with a Bulldog logo. The shorts/shirt combination is made of moisture management, “performance” clothing. The cost of the shorts/shirt combination is $18.00. The school will work with families in financial need regarding costs. The Health and Physical Education Department is moving to standard physical education attire for several reasons:
1. Safety- The PE clothing is designed for freedom of movement and minimal liability for injury(no pockets, zippers, belt loops, etc.)
2. Appropriate- No appropriate attire questions, students can not lose class points/credit with the school approved shirt/shirts.
3. Affordability- For this competitive cost, students may be able to wear one or both parts of the uniform throughout much or all of their high school years.
4. School Spirit- Big Spring Bulldog logo and colors for everyone!
1. Please log onto: http://stores.bluemountainsportsonline.com
2. Enter Access Code for "Big Spring Physical Education Clothes"
Access Code = BIG (access code is case sensitive)
3. Select t-shirt and shorts sizes. Crew neck sweatshirts and sweatpants are available but are OPTIONAL. Each student is expected to have, at minimum, a uniform t-shirt and uniform shorts or sweatpants
4. Add selected items to cart
5. Proceed to Checkout
6. Create account.
7. Enter student name (first & last) and grade in COMMENTS section
8. Complete transaction
The 2015 Commencement Ceremony will be recorded. If you would like to purchase a copy, please see the attached order form. DVD's will be available for pickup in the High School Office after August 26, 2015.
Grad video orderform.pdf
Welcome to Big Spring High School
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Phone: (717) 776-2434
Please select the following after dialing main number:
1 - Receptionist/Assistant Principal
(Work Permits, Parking Permits, Detention, ISS, OSS)
2 - Attendance Secretary
3 - Principal Secretary
4 - Counseling Office (Transcripts, Diploma Verifications, Schedules, etc.)
5 - Athletic Office (Sports Physicals, Sporting Events, Coaches)
6 - Nurses Office
7 - Cafeteria (Student Lunch Account)
8 - Library
Beginning of the year forms and documents will be posted to the High School Web Site in late summer. Please check back later.