Fitness Center Summer Hours
Effective June 6th – August 12th
Fitness Center will be closed on July 4th.
Monday: 3 – 6pm
Tuesday: 3 – 6pm
Wednesday: 2 – 5pm
Thursday: 3 – 6pm
Friday: 8 – 11am
High School Summer Hours
Effective June 13 through August 5, the High School Office will be open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The office is closed on Fridays.
Please click here to be directed to the Guidance Office Counseling Team summer schedule.
Dawg Day 2016- MOST FINAL.pdf
Attention Class of 2020!
Dawg Day for all incoming freshmen (members of the Class
of 2020) will be Tuesday, August 16th from 1:00 to 6:30 p.m. at the High School
Commons (the big glassy area behind the flag pole in the bus parking
lot). Parents are asked to join us from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to receive an
orientation on critical High School topics.
Dawg Day has been designed to make your
transition from the Middle School to the High School a smooth one.
Activities for the Day:
- Receive a copy of your class schedule… EARLY!
- Tours of the building and grounds!
- Access to/practice with your future locker!
- Meet with high school teachers and learn
about the classes you’ll be taking!
- Learn about clubs and after-school
activities available at the high school!
- Games and contests in the high school gym
- Dinner served up in the cafeteria lunch
- A freshman-only pep rally in the gym!
- Freshman laptops may be distributed after
Transportation: If you can't
arrange for someone to drive you to Dawg Day, a bus can come and pick you up
and a bus stop will be arranged near you. Transportation home will not be
provided, so when your parent/guardian arrives to join you in the evening you
may return with him/her.
Cost: In order to receive a
catered meal and your own DAWG DAY T-shirt, we are asking that all students
submit $5.00 with the permission form by Thursday, June 2nd.
Please contact the High School Office (776-2434) if the $5.00 fee poses
difficulty. We will accept registrations through the summer; however, registrations receive after June 2nd will not be guaranteed a T-shirt.
The information and registration form is
Kiwanis & Key Club Blueberry Sale
If anyone would like to support the Big Spring Kiwanis
and Big Spring High School Key Club and buy some delicious blueberries at the
same time, here is the information.
A box of blueberries is $31 and will be delivered July
7th to Cohick and Associates, 396 Alexander Spring Road Suite 5, Carlisle.
Please call 776-4300 to order these delicious
Sports Physicals - August 1
Attention Athletes: Sports physicals for the 2016 – 17
school year will be offered on Monday, August 1 at 8:00 AM the High School Adaptive Gym. You can enter the school through the Commons/Cafeteria entrance. These physicals are FREE OF CHARGE to you and a great way to get
them out of the way and free you up to participate in any sport for the 2016-17
school year. If you plan to get your physical done here
at the HS on August 1, you must turn your physical form into the
athletic office no later than Monday, July 25. There
will be NO late forms accepted after that date and athletes will not be able to
receive their physical on August 1 if forms are not turned in
on time. Stop by the athletic office to pick up the physical form
packet to get it returned on time!
The 2016 Commencement Ceremony will be recorded. If you would like to purchase a copy, please see the attached order form. You will be notified by email when the DVD is ready for pickup in the High School Office or you can choose to have the DVD mailed to you.
2016 Grad video orderform.pdf
Physical Education Attire
Physical Education Attire Instructions.pdf
All high school students will be expected to wear Big Spring Physical Education attire. The attire is a maroon and gold shorts and shirt combination with a Bulldog logo. The shorts/shirt combination is made of moisture management, “performance” fabric. The cost of the shorts/shirt combination is $18.00. The school will work with families in financial need regarding costs. The Health and Physical Education Department is moving to standard physical education attire for several reasons:
1. Safety- The PE clothing is designed for freedom of movement and minimal liability for injury(no pockets, zippers, belt loops, etc.)
2. Appropriate- No appropriate attire questions, students cannot lose class points/credit with the school approved shirt/shirts.
3. Affordability- For this competitive cost, students may be able to wear one or both parts of the uniform throughout much or all of their high school years.
4. School Spirit- Big Spring Bulldog logo and colors for everyone!
1. Please log onto: http://stores.bluemountainsportsonline.com
2. Enter Access Code for "Big Spring Physical Education Clothes"
Access Code = BIG (access code is case sensitive)
3. Select t-shirt and shorts sizes. Crew neck sweatshirts and sweatpants are available but are OPTIONAL. Each student is expected to have, at minimum, a uniform t-shirt and uniform shorts or sweatpants
4. Add selected items to cart
5. Proceed to Checkout
6. Create account.
7. Enter student name (first & last) and grade in COMMENTS section
8. Complete transaction
1. Steps 1-3 listed above to find size(s)
2. Send check made payable to BMSA with:
A. List name, grade, address, phone #, email address
B. List items and sizes on the same piece of paper
C. Mail all items to Blue Mountain Sports Apparel,
763 South Second Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Beginning of the year forms and documents will be posted to the High School Web Site in early August. Please go to the Parent Documents tab and select the folder Opening School Year Information.
Welcome to Big Spring High School
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Phone: (717) 776-2434
FAX: (717) 776-2433
Please select the following after dialing main number:
1 - Receptionist/Assistant Principal
(Work Permits, Parking Permits, Detention, ISS, OSS)
2 - Attendance Secretary (Donna Minnich, firstname.lastname@example.org )
3 - Principal Secretary
4 - Counseling Office (Transcripts, Diploma Verifications, Schedules, etc.)
5 - Athletic Office (Sports Physicals, Sporting Events, Coaches)
6 - Nurses Office
7 - Cafeteria (Student Lunch Account)
8 - Library