Senior Parents: The High School
Counseling Department is offering a FAFSA Completion Night on February 4, 2015, at 6:00 p.m. to be held in Room 225 of the High School. During this event
families will have an opportunity to complete the FAFSA and PHEAA financial aid
forms with the assistance of a PHEAA representative. If you are interested in
learning more please contact the Counseling Department, 717-776-2429.
Snow Make-up Days
School is in session on the days listed for all students and staff.
February 16, 2015 now in session due to school closing on January 12, 2015.
March 13, 2015 now in session due to school closing on January 26, 2015.
Physical Education Attire, 2014-15
All high school students will be expected to wear Big Spring Physical Education attire, beginning in 2014-15. Theattire is a maroon and gold shorts and shirt combination with a Bulldog logo. The shorts/shirt combination is made of moisture management, “performance” clothing. The cost of the shorts/shirt combination is $18.00. The school will work with families in financial need regarding costs. The Health and Physical Education Department is moving tostandard physical education attire for several reasons:
1. Safety- The PE clothing is designed for freedom of movement and minimal liability for injury(no pockets, zippers, belt loops, etc.)
2. Appropriate- No appropriate attire questions, students can not lose class points/credit with the school approved shirt/shirts.
3. Affordability- For this competitive cost, students may be able to wear one or both parts of the uniform throughout much or all of their high school years.
4. School Spirit- Big Spring Bulldog logo and colors for everyone!
1. Please log onto: http://stores.bluemountainsportsonline.com
2. Enter Access Code for "Big Spring Physical Education Clothes"
Access Code = BIG (access code is case sensitive)
3. Select t-shirt and shorts sizes. Crew neck sweatshirts and sweatpants are available but are OPTIONAL. Each student is expected to have, at minimum, a uniform t-shirt and uniform shorts or sweatpants
4. Add selected items to cart
5. Proceed to Checkout
6. Create account.
7. Enter student name (first & last) and grade in COMMENTS section
8. Complete transaction
Post-Grad Committee Meetings
The Post-Grad Committee meets the 3rd Monday of each
month at 7 pm in Room # 117 at the High School. Meeting dates
are: 11/17/14, 12/15/14, 01/19/15, 3/16/15, 4/20/15, 5/18/15.
Anyone interested in helping with the Committee or who would like more
information is encouraged to attend the meetings. The Post Grad Event is
held following Commencement on Friday, June 5, 2015, at 9:00
Welcome to Big Spring High School
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Phone: (717) 776-2434
Please select the following after dialing main number:
1 - Receptionist/Assistant Principal
(Work Permits, Parking Permits, Detention, ISS, OSS)
2 - Attendance Secretary
3 - Principal Secretary
4 - Counseling Office (Transcripts, Diploma Verifications, Schedules, etc.)
5 - Athletic Office (Sports Physicals, Sporting Events, Coaches)
6 - Nurses Office
7 - Cafeteria (Student Lunch Account)
8 - Library