Snow Make-up Days
School is in session on the days listed for all students and staff.
February 16, 2015 now in session due to school closing on
January 12, 2015.
March 13, 2015 now in session due to school
closing on January 26, 2015.
April 2, 2015 now in session due to
school closing on March 5, 2015
5, 2015 now in session on due to school closing on March
11th Grade Physicals
will be conducted
on Wednesday, April 8, 2015, in the High School Nurse’s Office for all juniors
and seniors that have not had a physical.
Please contact Carol Madden at 776-2450 for more information.
Dance Team Showcase
4:00 p.m. in the High School Auditorium
Admission: Adults $5, Students FREE
Operation Beautiful Week
April 20 – 24,
This is a week
dedicated to raising the self-esteem of young women. Watch for more details about the variety of
activities planned and spirit days throughout the week to participate in.
Post-Grad Fundraising Events
Bingo at Penn Twp. Fire Hall Sunday, March 29
Chicken Barbeque Orders Due Friday, March 27
R & K Subs & Sandwich Pick-Up Wednesday, April 1
Bulldog Blankets Orders Due Friday, April 3
R & K Sandwich Orders Due Friday, April 10
Chicken Barbeque Saturday,
Crab Cake Sale Orders Due Friday, April 17
Bulldog Blankets Delivery Friday, May 1
R & K Sandwich Delivery Friday, May 1
Crab Cake Sale Delivery Friday, May 1
For information, contact Kim Fealtman at 243-2027 or email@example.com
The Junior / Senior Prom
will be held
Saturday, May 16th, 2015, at the Letort View Community Center at the
US Army War College in Carlisle, from 6;30 to 10:30 p.m.
Post-Grad Committee Meetings
The Post-Grad Committee meets the 3rd Monday of each
month at 7 pm in Room # 117 at the High School. Meeting dates
are: 11/17/14, 12/15/14, 01/19/15, 3/16/15, 4/20/15, 5/18/15.
Anyone interested in helping with the Committee or who would like more
information is encouraged to attend the meetings. The Post Grad Event is
held following Commencement on Friday, June 5, 2015, at 9:00
Physical Education Attire, 2014-15
All high school students will be expected to wear Big Spring Physical Education attire, beginning in 2014-15. Theattire is a maroon and gold shorts and shirt combination with a Bulldog logo. The shorts/shirt combination is made of moisture management, “performance” clothing. The cost of the shorts/shirt combination is $18.00. The school will work with families in financial need regarding costs. The Health and Physical Education Department is moving tostandard physical education attire for several reasons:
1. Safety- The PE clothing is designed for freedom of movement and minimal liability for injury(no pockets, zippers, belt loops, etc.)
2. Appropriate- No appropriate attire questions, students can not lose class points/credit with the school approved shirt/shirts.
3. Affordability- For this competitive cost, students may be able to wear one or both parts of the uniform throughout much or all of their high school years.
4. School Spirit- Big Spring Bulldog logo and colors for everyone!
1. Please log onto: http://stores.bluemountainsportsonline.com
2. Enter Access Code for "Big Spring Physical Education Clothes"
Access Code = BIG (access code is case sensitive)
3. Select t-shirt and shorts sizes. Crew neck sweatshirts and sweatpants are available but are OPTIONAL. Each student is expected to have, at minimum, a uniform t-shirt and uniform shorts or sweatpants
4. Add selected items to cart
5. Proceed to Checkout
6. Create account.
7. Enter student name (first & last) and grade in COMMENTS section
8. Complete transaction
Welcome to Big Spring High School
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Phone: (717) 776-2434
Please select the following after dialing main number:
1 - Receptionist/Assistant Principal
(Work Permits, Parking Permits, Detention, ISS, OSS)
2 - Attendance Secretary
3 - Principal Secretary
4 - Counseling Office (Transcripts, Diploma Verifications, Schedules, etc.)
5 - Athletic Office (Sports Physicals, Sporting Events, Coaches)
6 - Nurses Office
7 - Cafeteria (Student Lunch Account)
8 - Library