Winter Sports Spirit Week
December 15 - December 29, 2014
Monday, Dec. 15 – Crazy Pattern Day
Tuesday, Dec. 16 – Summer in December
Wednesday, Dec. 17 – Decade Day
Thursday, Dec. 18 – Class Color Day
Dec. 19 – School Spirit
World Language Department Cultural Festival
The World Language Department will be hosting their annual Cultural Festival on Thursday, December
18th. The events will take place during all regular class periods that
day in rooms 200, 203, & 202. There is always plenty of food, dance lessons (feel free to be an
observer if you forget your dancing shoes!), and many students who are excited
and proud to show off their handiwork in the kitchen! Be sure to stop by and check it out.
Class of 2015 Graduation Announcements
Any senior who is interested in ordering Graduation
Announcements must do so before December 31st. Orders can be
made by visiting the Herff Jones website and following the directions for Big
Spring Bulldogs. Use this link https://highschool.herffjones.com
Class Ring Distribution
Brad Pate from Herff Jones will be available in the High School Commons during the lunch periods on Thursday, January 8, 2015, to distribute class rings and collect late graduation announcement orders. Questions - contact:
Representing Herff Jones, A Varsity ACHIEVEMENT Brand
431 Shuler Rd|
Etters, PA 17319
Physical Education Attire, 2014-15
All high school students will be expected to wear Big Spring Physical Education attire, beginning in 2014-15. Theattire is a maroon and gold shorts and shirt combination with a Bulldog logo. The shorts/shirt combination is made of moisture management, “performance” clothing. The cost of the shorts/shirt combination is $18.00. The school will work with families in financial need regarding costs. The Health and Physical Education Department is moving tostandard physical education attire for several reasons:
1. Safety- The PE clothing is designed for freedom of movement and minimal liability for injury(no pockets, zippers, belt loops, etc.)
2. Appropriate- No appropriate attire questions, students can not lose class points/credit with the school approved shirt/shirts.
3. Affordability- For this competitive cost, students may be able to wear one or both parts of the uniform throughout much or all of their high school years.
4. School Spirit- Big Spring Bulldog logo and colors for everyone!
1. Please log onto: http://stores.bluemountainsportsonline.com
2. Enter Access Code for "Big Spring Physical Education Clothes"
Access Code = BIG (access code is case sensitive)
3. Select t-shirt and shorts sizes. Crew neck sweatshirts and sweatpants are available but are OPTIONAL. Each student is expected to have, at minimum, a uniform t-shirt and uniform shorts or sweatpants
4. Add selected items to cart
5. Proceed to Checkout
6. Create account.
7. Enter student name (first & last) and grade in COMMENTS section
8. Complete transaction
Post-Grad Committee Meetings
The Post-Grad Committee meets the 3rd Monday of each
month at 7 pm in Room # 117 at the High School. Meeting dates
are: 11/17/14, 12/15/14, 01/19/15, 3/16/15, 4/20/15, 5/18/15.
Anyone interested in helping with the Committee or who would like more
information is encouraged to attend the meetings. The Post Grad Event is
held following Commencement on Friday, June 5, 2015, at 9:00
2014 Graduates who have ordered and paid for a 2014 yearbook
can pick up their yearbooks in the High School Office, Monday through Friday
between the hours of 7:30 AM and 2:30 PM
Welcome to Big Spring High School
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Phone: (717) 776-2434
Please select the following after dialing main number:
1 - Receptionist/Assistant Principal
(Work Permits, Parking Permits, Detention, ISS, OSS)
2 - Attendance Secretary
3 - Principal Secretary
4 - Counseling Office (Transcripts, Diploma Verifications, Schedules, etc.)
5 - Athletic Office (Sports Physicals, Sporting Events, Coaches)
6 - Nurses Office
7 - Cafeteria (Student Lunch Account)
8 - Library
We wish you all a wonderful and safe winter recess from December 23-January 2. Returning to school on January 5.